Welcome...

After many false starts, it is now time to get stage-ready again. Follow the highs, lows, frustrations, successes and yes, quite possibly some crazy along the way...

Monday, October 8, 2012

All of your questions...answered.

So, I am overwhelmed with questions - and they are mostly the same over and over again, so here are the answers...

1. How did you do? While I do not know my official placing yet - I know that I did not place in the top 5.  But I really didn't go into this show anticipating that I would place.  This show was my pro debut.  I was heavier than I should have been going into my contest prep, and I struggled through an injury along the way that compromised my ability to work on certain muscle groups.  At 4-5 weeks out, there was question about whether I would be ready at all.  Ultimately, my goal this year was to get on the pro stage before I lost my pro status and I was able to accomplish that goal - so I am pleased.  Bodybuilding is a subjective sport.  While there are guidelines and things that the judges are looking for, ultimately it does come down to standing in front of a group of people and leaving the results up to their opinions.  It ain't for everyone, and it is sometimes a terrible mind game to play with yourself - but it's the sport I love!

2. Where are the pictures?  I don't have any yet!  Waiting for 2 different sets - but I will be sure to post as soon as I have them.  In the meantime, I have posted the video of my individual routine!

3.  What now? Can you eat normal again?  I ate semi-normal for most of the weekend (After the show was over) - but I have picked the next show date...5 weeks from now, so it's back on the plan I go.  After putting 20 weeks into this, I just don't feel ready to be done yet.  Trust me, I thought I would be.  This 20 weeks has not been easy - but I just want to see what I can do if I spend another 5 trying to get a little leaner.  I am also going to try competing with a different federation - again at the amateur level.  I have only ever competed with OCB or IFPA and I wanted to give something new a try.

4. How did you feel/did you have fun?  I felt great.  Despite thinking I missed my mark slightly - I still feel that I brought my best physique yet to the stage and that's really all I can ask...to get a little bit better each time I get up there.  And I did have fun.  It was a great trip with great friends and a well-run show, which always makes for a good experience.

The only other thing I can say is that I will NEVER, no, not EVER drive to Cape Code again!  This girl will fly.  What should have been 6 1/2 hours in the car turned into a nightmare of a trek that felt like days - going each way.  I don't even know why - I just know I won't do it again!!  But if you ever visit Cape Cod - make sure you visit the "Pancake Man".  The Peanut Butter Cup Pancakes are bangin'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment